Monday, March 3, 2014

Welted Fingerless Gloves and Shear Madness

A couple of years ago in Savannah, Georgia, I found this beautiful merino/silk blend fiber at Wild Fibre Yarns. It was very easy to spin so I spun it up pretty quickly and added the yarn to my stash because, as usual, I couldn't decided what to knit with it. I have always had my eye on the Welted Fingerless Glove pattern by Churchmouse Yarns and Teas. In my destashing frenzy of 2014, I matched up the yarn and pattern and, after a few evenings of knitting, ended up with these warm and cozy mitts.

fingerless mitts
Ravelry link

fingerless mitts


My first Ebay purchase many years ago was an assortment of 1200 small pearl buttons! I used 10 of them to sew onto the welts of the mitts.

fingerless mitts

If you are looking for some knitting or spinning inspiration, check out Shear Madness on National Geographic about a city girl turned sheep farmer with her husband and five kids. It just started last Saturday night. I missed it but caught up watching On Demand. I don't watch a lot of TV but this is pretty interesting stuff for knitters and spinners.I had to turn my head in one scene - a little more animal science than I needed to see!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, I saw your button front version of the sorbetto top. I want to ask you if you do another one, please consider doing a tutorial. I love that version and am not skilled enough to figure out how you did it. Thanks Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to make a few more Sorbettos this summer. I'll try to make pics of the steps for a tutorial. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Your comments make my day!