Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Little Easter Jon-Jons

I can't believe it's been 6 months since I've blogged! I sewed. I sewed a lot. I just couldn't find time to sit down and blog. As a matter of fact, I feel like I never sit down. Always something that needs to be done.

Nothing like a cute little baby boy to get you inspired to sew and blog about it. My grandson needed an outfit for his first Easter. I have always loved Jon-Jons on little boys. He is a healthy little boy and the Children's Corner pattern I have was just a little too slim fitting for him. I found a pattern on Etsy from OlaJanePatterns which looked like a better fit. I paired it up with classic blue striped seersucker, embroidered his initials on the front, and it was just perfect.

baby seersucker overalls

The pattern has very detailed instructions and a pretty nifty lining technique. I plan to sew up a few more for the little prince for hot summer days and, hopefully, find a few minutes to blog about them!





6 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, there are a couple Jon Jon patterns at Ola Jane's and I wanted to ask if you could advise which one you used to make for your grandson. By the way, he is adorable!! Thanks so much, Donna Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the pattern I purchased,
      https://www.etsy.com/listing/75959350/easter-baby-boy-outfit-romper-jon-jon?ref=shop_home_active_9

      I think several of the listings are the same pattern but with different appliques. I've also made the long version, which is included in the pattern, in corduroy and it turned out cute also.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jan. I saw that one and thought maybe that was it. Did you by chance put 2 buttons or snaps instead of the 1 on the pattern? Thank you again - I love the one you made for your grandson.

      Delete
    3. Donna, I did put two small buttons on each side instead of the one larger as the pattern suggests. It looked more in proportion for baby sized Jon-Jons. I think you'll love the pattern. It sews up pretty quickly.

      Delete
    4. Good morning Jan, I purchased the pattern (grandson is due in March) to sew and I also have an embroidery machine. I hate to bother you but I also love the font you used. Of all the many I have, I do not have that and was curious if you could tell me the name and where you purchased. Thank you for all your help and seeing your blog has inspired me to Sew again and not just embroider. Have a great day.

      Delete
    5. The font came with my Bernina Artista software. It's called the Diamond3 font. I hadn't used it much before but thought it was very appropriate for a little boy!

      Delete

Your comments make my day!