Thursday, February 25, 2016

I love clothesline rope!!

I ran across a picture on buckalooview's Instagram of a nifty basket made from clothesline rope. This type of basketmaking has been around forever but I always thought that was a lot of work for a basket. I couldn't get it off my mind so I picked up a 100 foot, $3.44 package of clothesline rope from WalMart and became instantly addicted to the possibilities.


Clothesline rope coaster


There are plenty of tutorials available online. Basically, you start in the middle and keep zig-zagging around until it is the size you need. It tends to start the bowl shape on it's own. I had to concentrate on trying not to pull too tightly as I stitched until I got the flat bottom finished. I controlled the shaping by pulling the cord slightly as I stitched.

When you get to the end, you have to decide how to finish off and tidy up the end of the cord. Just use your imagination!!


Clothesline rope basket


Clothesline rope basket


I had about 4 yards left after making my first 3 bowls. I couldn't stand to let it go to waste so I made a couple of coasters. I gave them a little steam press so that they are nice and flat.

I'd like to try dyeing my next batch of baskets. I see another trip to WalMart in the near future!






2 comments:

  1. Great blog I want to try this. I see these basket all the time.
    Thanks,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Как дольше не кончать

    Победить преждевременное семяизвержение - этой целью задаются многие представители сильного пола, страдающие от данного недуга. Но тут возникает следующий вопрос: "Где купить дапоксетин?" Дело в том, что он, как правило, не продается в обычных аптеках.

    Как продлить секс дапоксетин отзывы

    Приобрести дапоксетин вы можете в специализированном онлайн-магазине (см. ссылку в конце статьи).

    Предлагается как простой дапоксетин, так и его комбинированные варианты и аналоги: Super P-force, Супер Сиалис, Супер Виагра и Супер Левитра. В состав всех препаратов входит дапоксетин.

    Анонимная доставка курьером по Москве и Московской области, Санкт-Петербургу. По Российской Федерации, в том числе - в Республику Крым - Почтой России.

    Формы оплаты: наличная, безналичная, а также электронным переводом и наложенным платежом. Скидки и бонусы. Гарантии. Сертификаты на продукцию по запросу.

    Где бы вы не находились, купить дапоксетин онлайн, безопасный и эффективный - это значит избавиться от самой стрессовой проблемы в спальне между партнерами. MenED

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!