Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games

Today is the day! Well, really, it was last night. The Hunger Games movie is showing. My daughter began reading these books a few months ago so I decided to read them also. Very interesting books. The most disturbing books that I could not put down. It's just fiction.....It's just fiction....

Anyway, I'm going to the afternoon showing today with my daughter. None of that midnight stuff for me. I want to be awake and alert so that I don't miss anything.

This is the Katniss outfit that my daughter put together to wear today. She has been counting down the days.

Katniss Everdeen costume

I digitized the mockingjay pin that Katniss wears during the Hunger Games. I embroidered it onto black wool felt and made it into a pin rather than embroidering it directly on something. She might not always be as excited to wear a mockingjay as she is today!

mocking jay pin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!