Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ruby's Bloomers

A few months ago, I checked out Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross from the library and traced a few patterns. One of my favorites is Ruby's Bloomers, a cute little bloomer pattern which comes in 6-12 months and 18-24 months. I cut the pattern down to about 3 months. I sewed up the bloomers and put them away. My mother recently asked  if I had an idea for a baby gift for her new neighbor. I pulled out the bloomers and the leftover fabric and had fun putting together a set of personalized baby items for the new baby.

Ruby's Bloomers

I picked up a few onesies at WalMart when they were on clearance for $2. I had purchased a soft, white bath towel a while ago to make burp cloths. The bib is from The Sewphisticated Stitcher. I always have baby embroidery blanks in my stash to make personalized baby gifts.

Ruby's Bloomers

The "B" applique and the flower patch for the bib are from Planet Applique, one of my favorite machine embroidery websites. May is Customer Appreciation month and Planet Applique is giving away a few great gifts.
 
Ruby's Bloomers

I'm taking the baby ensemble to my mother this weekend so that she can give it to Brooklyn, her new little neighbor.

By the way, I ran across Weekend Sewing at Tuesday Morning last week for $9.99! Now I don't have to go to the library when I need to trace more patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!