Friday, February 22, 2013

Goodwill Project #1

I thought I'd better get busy on that 38 yards of fabric I bought at Goodwill for $5.75. I mailed the two yards of ski fabric to duckbucket today. I can't wait to see what she makes with it. I used 2 1/3 yards of green cotton crinkle fabric to make 3 pillowcase dresses to send to Haiti. I used this pattern from Nancy's Notions which includes sizes small to extra large.

pillowcase dress charity

At 15 cents per yard, these dresses cost about 12 cents each for the fabric. After adding for the bias binding and elastic, I'm up to about $1.50 per dress!

pillowcase dress charity

Total Goodwill treasure                        38 yards

ski fabric sent to duckbucket                2

3 green cotton pillowcase dresses         2 1/3 
__________________________________________

Remaining yards to sew                       33 2/3 yards







4 comments:

  1. Those are very lovely! What a great way to use the cheerful bright green fabric. The little girls will be pleased with such pretty new dresses! Shauna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shauna! They are such fun to make!

      Delete
  2. These little dresses are adorable.
    I came across your blog today after Googling for Kwik Sew 3915. Your top looks lovely and I went on to order the pattern.
    I'm returning to dressmaking after a long break so I've joined your blog as a new follower. I'm sure you will inspire me :)
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great that you're returning to sewing! I'd love to see your new Kwik Sew top when you get it completed.

      Delete

Your comments make my day!