Monday, July 11, 2011

Treasure Hunt

I made a trip to Grandma's Attic in search of fabric or pillowcases to use for the Dresses for Haiti project we are working on at church. I found lots of pretty old textiles including linen calendars, pillowcases, and fabric.

I can't decide what to make with this old (1991) linen calendar towel that I purchased for $1.50. I love the little rectangles with the herbs on them. I think perhaps they would be cute appliqued on pot holders. Any suggestions?
 
I found this vintage looking pillowcase for 50 cents that will make an adorable little dress for our project. We are up to about 60 dresses now and still sewing!

I couldn't leave without this pretty printed cotton fabric. $1.00 for 1 1/2 yards! What a deal! I think I need to go treasure hunting again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!