Friday, July 1, 2011

Scrappy Flower Headbands

This is one of my favorite projects for fabric flowers. Just grab some scraps from your stash and get started. The headband is a strip of fabric about a yard in length, hemmed on all edges. The finished width is about 2 inches at the widest center part, tapering to 3/4 inch at the ends. The flower is sewn on a little off center so that it doesn't sit directly on top of the head.



For this headband, I folded the strip of fabric for the flower lengthwise, formed little pleats in a circle, and quickly stitched it down to the headband by machine. I added leaves from green linen scraps.

This little blue flower is similar to the red flower from my previous fun flower post. It is hand stitched to a coordinating headband. Similar headbands sell for about $15 in a local boutique!

What do you like to embellish with your little fabric flowers?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!