Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sew4Home Roll-up Case

If you haven't visited Sew4Home.com, you should check out all the great projects featured there. All projects include very clear, well-written tutorials. At my monthly American Sewing Guild meeting, we made the roll-up makeup brush case.

Sew4Home roll-up case


I forgot to bring along the clear vinyl which would make the inside of the case easy to wipe off so I adjusted the size of the pockets, making them about 1 inch. I filled my case with colored pencils, turning it into a storage case for art supplies. It's great to keep kids organized and also great for long trips.

Sew4Home roll up case

I decided that I needed a little sketch pad to complete the art set. I made the cover for the sketch pad using the same construction method as the roll-up case, customizing the size to fit the sketch pad. This would make a great gift set for a little artist.

Sew4Home roll-up case

Sew4Home roll up case

Here are a couple of the other fun projects that my ASG group has made this year from Sew4Home.

Fleece Neck Pillow

Fabric Basket

And this cute towel is on the schedule for December - a great last minute gift idea!

Kitchen towel with rick-rack

Don't forget that September is National Sewing Month! What have you sewn this month?

National Sewing Month


1 comment:

Your comments make my day!